Information Technology, or IT, is the study, design, creation, utilization, support, and management of computer-based information systems, especially software applications and computer hardware. IT is not limited solely to computers though. With technologies quickly developing in the fields of cell phones, PDAs and other handheld devices, the field of IT is quickly moving from compartmentalized computer-focused areas to other forms of mobile technology. In today’s advanced technological environment, the field of IT is very large; those who work in the field are computer hardware and software designers, computer engineers, and specialists who maintain large computer networks and database systems. IT professionals maintain databases for organizations and make sure that they are up to date and run smoothly. They resolve problems with the computers on their network by installing and maintaining the programs that run on them, monitoring overall system health and resolving problems such as computer viruses so that they do not spread quickly and cause network-wide system crashes.This program offers three specializations:
1. IT Project Management
2. Multimedia Technology Management
3. Information System Management
At the completion of the program, the students should be able to:
- acquire and apply advanced knowledge and skills of Computer Science and Information Technology.
- train graduates to work on a project in which they propose, design, build, test, analyze, and deliver a computing solution to meet appropriate computing standards and realistic constraints.
- organize ideas related to societal issues in Computer Science and Information Technology discipline
- commit to professional, ethical and humanity responsibly.
- communicate in verbal, writing and demonstrate effective leadership qualities.
- identify, formulate and solve Computer Science and Information Technology problems.
- manage and seek information through lifelong learning in facing global challenges.
- Structure : Full-time and Part-time
- Credit hour : 40
- Tuition Fees : RM 340.00 per credit hour
- Duration : 1 ½ year (minimum ) 4 years (maximum)
- Location : Universiti Selangor
Research Methodology, Interactive System Design, Advanced Database Technology, Master Dissertation, IT Project Management, Issues for IT Professional Practices, IT Resource Management, Special Topics in IT, Case Study in IT
Project Management Leadership & Organization, Effective Project Management, Project Change Management
Information Security Management, Information System Strategic Planning, E-Business Technology and Management,
Advanced Multimedia Technology, Managing Multimedia System, Computer Graphics, Visualization & Animation
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.75;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment process;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, with CGPA less than 2.50, with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a relevant field may be accepted.
For candidates without Computing Degree, prerequisite modules in computing must be offered to adequately prepare them for their advanced study.
The Master of Information Technology program leads to a second qualification which allows graduates to enter into a professional profession and which teaches both scientific as well as consulting and management abilities. Master graduates can look for the following career, such as Software, Database or Administration Consultant, Project Manager for IT projects, organization and auditing (as DP Auditor / Controller, Organization Manager and Data Protection Manager), Education (as Lecturer or Trainer) or in Research and System development.
The program also qualifies students for tasks in science and opens up the possibility of a doctorate degree.
Mr Wan Hassan Basri Wan Ismail
- About Us
- Contact Us
- TV Unisel