Diploma in Communication And Media
MOHE/MQA: (R2/321/4/0030) 12/21 (A7620)
Diploma in Communication and Media has always been popular among candidates especially among SPM school leavers. We offer a comprehensive programme that exposes students to the latest communication and media practices, with the incorporation of latest media technologies and usage of information and communication technology (ICT).The programme is structured with a unique combination of theoretical studies and exciting practical exercises that are relevant to the needs of the students and the communication industry.
It is also an integration of the development in communication and media. Good communication skills are important in enhancing development of individuals’ characteristics, behaviours, and also for the successful dissemination of information, education and awareness.
Moreover, the programme is aimed at enhancing the understanding of communication and media education, and also inculcating good values among students by exploring the access to information on reforms, such as disseminating knowledge, instilling good attitudes and behaviours through mass media, multimedia, interpersonal and group communication.
You must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for entry to the Unisel Diploma’s Progamme:
- Passed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent with at least three (3) credits in any subjects INCLUDING English;
- Passed Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or equivalent with minimum Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in any subject AND credit in English in SPM or its equivalent;
- Passed Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with at least Maqbul grade AND credit in English in SPM or its equivalent;
- Passed Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) level 3 AND passed SPM with credit in English;
- Certificate or equivalent AND credit in English in SPM or its equivalent;
- Certificate in Media and Communication or its equivalent.
- Passed UEC with minimum Grade B in any three subjects AND passed English.
The credit in English in SPM requirement for those under categories (2), (3), (4) and (5) can be exempted if the qualification contains an English subject and the grade obtained is equivalent or more than the required credit in SPM.
- Journalism ( Print or Electronic )
- Communication Education
- Electronic Media / Radio / Television / Broadcasting