Diploma in Photography Technology
MOHE/MQA: KPT/JPS(R2/213/4/0306)05/22 (A7717)
Graduates with a Diploma in Photography Technology obtain basic skills in handling cameras and other photography equipment while having a good understanding about lighting and composition, photography history, image documentation, underwater photography and computer applications as they relate to the field of photography.
This programme aims to ensure the graduates will be able to inculcate positive values and attitudes, stressing on ethics and professionalism, possess leadership qualities and ethical teamwork in the diverse cultures of the nation. They will be provided with an educational experience that motivates them to pursue life-long learning.
A pass in SPM with a minimum of three (3) credits in any subject, or its equivalent;
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.00) in any subject, or its equivalent;
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul in any subject, or its equivalent;
- A pass in SKM Level 3 / Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) in a suitable field (Note: The HEPs are to conduct screening and provide a specific guidance for the respective discipline of the programme);
- A Certificate (Level 3, MQF) in a related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00 or its equivalent;
- A pass in UEC with a minimum of grade B in 3 subjects and pass English
- Other relevant equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- Pass an interview OR submission of portfolio as required by the HEPs.
- ENGLISH COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT (INTERNATIONAL STUDENT) Achieve a minimum score Band 2 in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) or equivalent.
- Photo Retoucher
- Press Photographer
- Film/Video Editor
- Television Camera Operator