Bachelor of Science (Honours) Mathematics with Statistics
MOHE/MQA:[R/461/6/0001 (11/160) (A7402)]
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Mathematics with Statistics is specially created for students who are interested in specializes in mathematics and statistics in order to fulfill industrial demands in the area of science and apply statistics and mathematics through research. The curriculum development and assessment are monitored by qualified academic advisors from reputable universities and industries to assure its quality. In addition to strengthen a fundamental knowledge in mathematics and statistics, develop strong analytical and critical thinking, enhance effective communication and problem-solving skills as well as to equip students with professional attitudes, good ethics and leadership qualities and to provide students with an educational experience that motivates them to pursue life-long learning. Bachelor of Science (Honours) Mathematics with Statistics is a 3 ½ year programme conducted in 7 long semesters and 3 short semesters. Each semester consists of 14 weeks (long semester) and 7 weeks (short semester) of lectures, tutorials, lab-works, research project and industrial training. Students need to accomplish minimum 120 credit hours to complete the programme.
Foundation studies with minimum CGPA 2.00 from UNISEL or
Matriculation from Education Ministry Malaysia or any other equivalent private institution that has obtained at least a minimum standard from MQA with CGPA 2.00 or
STPM or equivalent qualification with at least 2 principals including Mathematics or
Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with Grade B in 5 relevant subjects including Mathematics or
Diploma with minimum CGPA 2.00 from government or private institution that has obtained at least a minimum standard from MQA
And has set /taken MUET. If students have not taken the MUET, they are obligatory to take MUET while pursuing degree in UNISEL.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIRMENT
All international candidates are required to have A-Level or any equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
IT Support Executive
Market Research Executive
Quality Control Executive
EDP Operations Support Analyst
Executive Business Analyst
Statistical Process Control (SPC) Engineer
Marketing Planning and Analyst Advisor
Stock Market Executive
At the end of this programme, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate essential knowledge and understanding in mathematics and statistics
- Apply mathematics and statistics in undertaking problems identification, formulation and solution with critical thinking.
- Identify appropriate mathematics and statistics techniques in solving problems related to industrial applications
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skill, effective communication, entrepreneurship and managerial skills.
- Organize and evaluate data using appropriate mathematical and/or statistical techniques, terminologies, formulae and graphical displays using appropriate tools.
- Demonstrate problem and modelling mathematical and statistical by working collaboratively as a group member or a leader.
- Demonstrate the skills and motivation for continued self-education
- Practice professionalism with ethical values and function effectively as an individual, a team member and a leader.
To produce graduates with essential knowledge in mathematics and statistics.
To produce graduates with strong analytical and critical thinking.
To produce graduates with effective communication and problem-solving skills.
To produce graduate with professional attitudes, good ethics and leadership qualities.
To produce graduates with educational experience that motivates them to pursue life-long learning.
Probability and Statistics
University Subject – U2
Human Personality and Team Building
Philosophy and Civilization of
Technical English 1
Falsafah dan Isu Semasa
Principles and Practices of Management
Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban
Technical English 2
University Subject – U4
Data mining and Data
Public Speaking and Communication Skills
University Subject – U3
Foreign Language I
Foreign Language II
Statistical Process Control