Bachelor (Hons) Digital Graphic Design
MOHE/MQA: (R2/213/6/0007) 08/21 (A7444)
The programme aims to provide graduates with high quality education, advanced technical knowledge, communication and marketing skills in creativity and design innovation as well as to have visual expression and communications in art and design.
Graduates with a Bachelor of Art (Hons) in Digital Graphic Design obtain basic skills on fundamental knowledge of principles and elements of art and design and photography.
The programme aims to emphasize on the effective application of analytical and the creative thinking processes; so as to ensure our graduates will inculcate positive values and attitudes, stressing on ethics and professionalism, possess leadership qualities and ethical teamwork spirit in the diverse cultures of the nation. Ultimately, the program aims to provide them with an educational experience focusing on the pursuit of life-long learning.
You must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for entry to the Unisel Bachelor’s Programme:
- A pass in STPM with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.00) in any two (2) subjects, or its equivalent;
- A pass in STAM with a minimum grade of Jayyid, or its equivalent;
- A Certificate in Matriculation or Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.00, or its equivalent;
- A Diploma (Level 4, MQF) with a minimum CGPA of 2.00, or its equivalent;
- A pass in Malaysian Skill Diploma (DKM)/ Advanced Malaysian Skill Diploma (DLKM)/ Malaysian Vocational Diploma (DVM) from the Department Skills Development (JPK) with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 in any of the following areas :
- Creative Multimedia (Animation)
- Industrial Graphic Design
- Computer Systems & Networks
- Database Management System and Web Application
- Information system
- Information technology
- A pass in DKM/ DLKM/ DVM with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and minimum of two (2) years of working experiences in the related field.
As for the cohort 2012-2016 DVM graduates, the additional entry requirements are as follows:
I) A pass in Malaysian Vocational Certificate (SVM) with equivalent of 3 credits in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) for the candidates who obtain:
- Credit in Bahasa Melayu SVM Code 1104;
- Minimum Academic CGPA of 2.00
- Minimum Vocational CGPA of 2.67; and
- Competent in all vocational modules
II) As for the SVM graduates of the 2013-2016 cohort, the equivalence of SVM with 3 SPM credits has to include a pass in History subject.
- A pass in UEC with a minimum of grade B in 5 subjects and pass English
- Achieve a minimum score of Band 3 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET) or equivalent.
- ENGLISH COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT (INTERNATIONAL STUDENT) Achieve a minimum score of Band 3 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET) or equivalent.
- Graphic Designer
- Animator (2d /3d)
- 2D / 3D Artist
- Game Designer
- Web Designer
- UX Designer
- Product & 3d Designer
- Art Director
- Digital Imaging Analyst