- Bachelor in Information Technology programme is a vocationally oriented programme emphasizing the resolution of technological problems leading to the effective management and analysis of information in both private and public sectors. The programme’s foundation is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills in key areas of IT as well as professionally relevant knowledge, qualities and skills in such areas as problem solving, communication, ethics and teamwork. Ultimately, the programme will produce students who can respond, anticipate and lead change. Our graduates can use higher-level skills such as analysis, critique, synthesis, and multi-layered communication to facilitate innovative teamwork is adaptive, adaptable and transformative.A part from a cognitive domain the programme aims to integrate the academic and theoretical environment with the practical setting to supports the philosophy of creating opportunities for graduates to become professional by learning, understand, and then apply the outcomes in Information Technology real world situations. Graduates with skills and understanding of Information Technology processes will be developed through a planned series of practical skill based activities. Graduates will participate in, and contribute to, peer group critique, portfolio reviews and exhibitions of work-in-progress that will enable graduates to identify areas for development and improvement including vital most sought after soft skills such as the communication and presentation skills, critical thinking and scientific problem solving (pre-planning, production and organization), leaderships skills and entrepreneurships. At the end of the day, this program intended to deliver an IT professional who can build a career in the fields of Computer Science and Information Technology globally. IT professional that is competent, sustainable and capable of pursuing lifelong learning in Computer Science and Information Technology. IT professional who embrace positive attitudes and ethics and last but not least IT professional that can contribute expertise to the industry, professional body and society.
- This program will prepare graduates to gain the strong skills especially in knowledge aspect, practical person and personality in developing advanced systems in the area of industrial information and communication technology. Students will be able to think interdisiplinary, work team oriented and present results professionally.What to expect once they have completed their learning are :
Graduates are able to:
- define, illustrate, demonstrate, analyze and synthesize a broad based knowledge related tographic design communication; and recognize, explain, and demonstrate the ability to articulate and documents workflow.
- acquire in-depth technical competence in Information Technology discipline.
- adapt in social cultural, global and environmental responsibility of IT professionals and recognize the need for sustainable development.
- commit to professional, social, ethical and humanity responsibly.
- communicate in verbal, writing and demonstrate effective leadership qualities.
- identify, formulate and solve Information Technology problems.
- manage information through lifelong learning in meeting/facing global challenges.
- nurture entrepreneurship skills for career development.
- Structure : Full-time and Part-time
- Credit hour : 123
- Tuition Fees :RM 30,255.00 (Local) –as per August 2015 , RM 39,735.00 (International) – as per November 2014
- Duration : 3½ years
- Location : Bestari Jaya Campus, UNISEL
- Graduates will be focusing on Management Information System for they are expected to embark into managing information once they are in the working world.
- A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.00 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent;
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any 2 subjects and a credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent;
- A Diploma in Computer Science OR Software Engineering OR Information Technology OR Information Systems or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent;
- Any other Diploma in Science and technology or business studies with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 with a credit in mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
Candidate with a credit in computing related subject at SPM or STPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.
- System Analyst, Information System Executive, Database Administrator, Web Designer/Developer, Software Engineer, Information System Officer, IT Consultant, System Development and many more.
Dr Nur Syufiza Ahmad Shukor
Telephone : +60332805121
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- About Us
- Contact Us
- TV Unisel