- Bachelor of Computer Science program (Software Engineering) (Hons) was established mainly to support the development and needs of the software development process from system specification level to the manageable system level after it has been utilized. This program produces graduates who can understand user requirements and develop software system. Other than that, this programmed also touches issues related with computer and human such as security, socio-economy and culture, personality development, responsibility and work ethics.
The program is intended to provide graduates with adequate mastery of knowledge (cognitive domain), skills (psychomotor domain) and attitude (affective and behavioral/ social domain) to become professional in the use of Information Technology emphasizing in computer science and industrial computing discipline.
- Ability to acquire and apply fundamental knowledge of Computer Science
- Ability to acquire in depth technical competence in Computer Science discipline.
- Ability to adapt in social cultural, global and environmental responsibility of IT professionals and recognize the need for sustainable development.
- Ability to commit to professional, social, ethical and humanity responsibly.
- Ability to communicate in verbal, writing and demonstrate effective leadership qualities.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve computer science problems.
- ability to manage information through lifelong learning in meeting/facing global challenges.
- Ability to nurture entrepreneurship skills for career development.
- Structure : Full-time and Part-time
- Credit hour : 123
- Tuition Fees : RM 26,670.00 (Local) , RM39,750.00 (International)
- Duration : 3 1/2 years
- Location : Bestari Jaya Campus, UNISEL
The program contents are to be reviewed and revised from time to time in order to ensure the knowledge given to the students will be in line with current knowledge in industry. The core major courses are as listed in the following:
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
- Software Construction
- Software Design
- Software Testing
- Visual Programming
- A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.00 and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent;
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any 2 subjects and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent;
- A Diploma in Computer Science OR Software Engineering OR Information Technology OR Information Systems or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent. Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 with a credit in additional mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process;
- Any other Diploma in science and technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with at least Jayyid (Good) Level AND Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent cinclusive of Bahasa Melayu and Mathematics
Candidates without a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted if the Diploma programme contains subjects in Mathematics that are equivalent to Additional Mathematics at SPM level.
Candidate with a credit in computing related subject at SPM or STPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.
The graduate of Bachelor of Computer Science (Software Engineering)(Hons) program can pursue career in any computer science and information technology related industry whether with government or private organization. The following are some of position that suits the graduates:
- Software Engineer
- System Engineer
- Software Analyst
- Software Technician/Support technician
- Software/Web Designer
- Software/System Tester
Dr Hema Subramaniam
Telephone : +60332805121
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- About Us
- Contact Us
- TV Unisel