Bachelor in Computer Science (Network Security and Digital Forensic) is created to educate and entertain students who are seriously interested in the world of cyber security, hacking, and forensic. As in the programme has named, this programme is trying to highlight the importance of cyber security, as technology advances and organization depend on technology increasingly, information assets have evolved into critical components of survival. This programme need a highly creative student, as securing the network and hacking activities involves creativity and thinking ‘out-of-the-box’. Students also will learn on how to do vulnerability testing and security audits to ensure that organizations have adequately protected their information assets.
Bachelor of Computer Science (Network Security and Digital Forensic) is carefully customized to equip students with abilities to:
- Apply knowledge of basic problem-solving techniques and concepts of IT Security.
- Analyze current and emerging technologies and assess their applicability’s to address users’ needs.
- Generate related requirements and propose the best solution to address IT Security problems in an organization.
- Apply IT Security using appropriate methodologies, which utilize the latest techniques and tools in meeting industrial needs.
- Analyze the impacts of technologies on individuals, organizations, and society, including ethical, legal, and policy issues.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients, users, and peers through writing and oral modes.
- Accomplish common goals by collaborating in teams and integrating personal initiatives and group cooperation.
- Demonstrate professionalism, ethics, and diligence in their professions.
- Practice life-long learning to meet global challenges.
- Structure : Full-time and Part-time
- Credit hour : 123
- Tuition Fees : RM 35,940.00 (Local) , RM53,805.00 (International)
- Duration : 3 ½ years
- Location : UNISEL Bestari Jaya Campus
The program contents are to review and revise from time to time in order to ensure the knowledge given to the students will be in line with current knowledge in industry. The core major courses are as listed in the following:
Digital Forensic Majoring:
- Forensic Tools and Techniques
- Forensic Analysis
- Digital Forensic
- Digital Data Recovery
- Digital Evidence and Computer Forensic
- Cybercrime and Digital Investigation
- Multimedia Forensic
- Mobile Forensics
Network Security Majoring:
- Computer and Network Security
- Mobile and Wireless Security
- Hacking and Countermeasures
- Hardening Network Systems
- Data Security and Cryptography
- Website Vulnerability and Security
- A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.00 and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent;
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any 2 subjects and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent;
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with at least Jayyid (Good) level AND a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent;
- A Diploma in Computer Science OR Software Engineering OR Information Technology OR Information Systems or equivalent at SPM level or its equivalent. Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 with a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- Any other Diploma in science and technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
Graduates of Bachelor of Computer Science (Network Security and Computer Forensic) (Hons) have bright careers in both public agencies and private sectors. In more specific but not limited the nature of careers in network security and computer forensic fields include:
- Network Engineer
- Network Security Engineer
- Data Security Network Consultant
- Enterprise Firewall Engineer
- Security Support Technician
- Firewall Specialist
- Technical Support Engineer
- Security Officer (IT)
- Crime Scene Investigator (IT)
- Security Penetration Tester
- Disaster Recovery Officer
Mr. Abdullah Ramli
Telephone : +60332805121
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- About Us
- Contact Us
- TV Unisel