In general, the Doctor of Philosophy (Computing) by research program aims to provide research training that fosters the development of independent research skills for candidates in computer science and information technology areas.
- Structure: Full-Time
- Credit Hours: N/A
- Tuition Fee: RM18,000 (Malaysian) / RM19,800 (International)
- Duration: 3 years to 8 years
- A Master degree or equivalent AND candidates must have completed at least ONE (1) of their degrees (Bachelor or Master) in Computing or related to computing.
- International students must have proof of good proficiency in verbal and written English. For example International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or its equivalent. If student does not meet this requirement, HEPs must offer English proficiency courses to ensure that the student's proficiency is sufficient to meet the needs of the programme.
- There shall be no direct entry from Bachelor degree level to PhD level
- Candidates registered for Master degree by research programme with Bachelor degree level may apply to convert their candidacy to the PhD programme subject to having shown competency and capability in conducting research at PhD level and approval by the HEP Senate.
Academician, Manager, IT Auditor