To provide graduates with a broad understanding of film and animation through the study of history, theory, practice and the development of narrative structure as used for film & animation production.
The program emphasizes on film basic, creative skills, analytical and research in all aspects and kinds of animation production; traditional animation, 2D digital animation, 3D animation, experimental animation, multimedia and internet animation, film visual effects and animation for TV broadcasting.
- Structure: Full-Time
- Credit Hours: 121
- Tuition Fee: RM49,840(Malaysian) / RM61,960 (International)
- Duration: 3 years
- Recognized Matriculation or Foundation with CGPA 2.0; OR
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0;OR
- Pass Diploma in Photography Technology or Diploma in Digital Graphic Design from Universiti Selangor;OR
- Recognized relevant Art & Design Diploma from other universities or colleges with Standard Minimum Certified or Accredited with CGPA ≥ 2.5;OR
- Recognized related Technical and Vocational Certificate or equivalent with three (3) years relevant work experience;OR
- Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM) Level 5 and Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least 1 creditOR
- Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM) Level 4 and Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least 1 credit and one (1) year relevant work experience;OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by Malaysian Government;
- Shortlisted candidates will sit for blind test.
- A digital portfolio of past and recent works.
Overseas student must pass relevant English courses by Universiti Selangor or other recognized institutions at satisfactory level or equivalent exemption qualifications. Minimum TOEFL score of 550 or minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent proficiency and recognized by the Senate
The Visual Art Department reviews and revises the contents of this programme from time to time in order to ensure the knowledge given to the students will be in line with current knowledge in industry.
- Drawing 1
- Visual Communication
- Animation History and Styles
- Screenplay & Art Direction
- Film Language and Storyboarding
- Animation Principle
- Animation Design Development 1
- Animation Practice
- Sound Design & Audio Post
- Motion Graphics & Visual Effects
- Animation Pipeline
- Production Design & Directing
- Film & TV Editing
- Design Report
- 3D Animation 1
- Professional Videography
- Experimental Animation
- 2D Rigging
- 3D Character & Effects Animation